The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- My latest column looks at the fascinating but unclear income tax treatment of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin
- Economist Eric Crampton with some observations about the scope of a Tax Working Group
- Don't agree: at least not until tax treatment is made fairer | "ANZ believes KiwiSaver should be compulsory"
- Lots to consider in the ANZ KiwiSaver report but surprising there seems to be no discussion of taxation of savings
- Here's me talking to India Essuah of 95BFM earlier today
- Good discussion here on a land tax (something favoured by the last Tax Working Group)
- Hmmm. This means over $700 billion of assets effectively out of the tax net | Labour clarifies land tax position
- Should not happen until tax treatment fairer | Business leaders support increased employer contributions to KiwiSaver
- September's Tax Information Bulletin includes statement on application of schedular payment rules to directors' fees
- Important paper and submissions close a week tomorrow on 15th September
- Interesting to see 77% of respondents to this Australian Tax Institute quiz think a diverted profits tax will reduce corporate tax avoidance
United Kingdom Tax
- Interesting, based on these non-doms more than pay their way | UK releases statistics on non-dom numbers & incomes
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.