The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- Also worth noting that MSD's target successful prosecution rate is 95% | Benefit fraud vs tax evasion:NZ's hypocrisy
- Interesting | Tech firms won concession after claiming NZ tax proposal 'most extreme in the world'
- Undoubtedly true that many trustees unaware of their responsibilities | Trust numbers predicted to shrink
- Excellent work by David Chaston prompting the usual hysteria & misinformation | Calculating untaxed capital gains
- More correctly not a separate tax but treating gains as income | Jacinda Ardern won't rule out capital gains tax
- Jess gives @BeeFaerie & I get a shout out for 'Tax and Fairness' & makes the crucial point that any tax review must include social policy
- Big, big win for the ATO here | Chevron settles transfer pricing dispute for $1b
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.