The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- Complex but interesting & good result for taxpayer | Court of Appeal upholds High Court ruling in Fugle v C of IR
- Only $4.4m claimed of $90.9 received since July 2011 | Government sitting on $166m of your unclaimed money
- As Leicester notes these have slipped in pretty much unheralded | Deadline looms for labour-hire tax changes
- I think this is a bad idea because so much tax debt is disputable | Better protection for creditors from tax debtors
- The Reader Blog reviews 'Tax and Fairness' by @BeeFaerie & myself concluding it "makes a good case for reforms" :)
- Checking annual summary is worth considering | Days of never having to deal with IRD may be drawing to a close
- Inland Revenue issues consultation paper on simpler tax process for individuals. Submissions close on 28th July
- The Special One's tax planning not so special perhaps? | Mourinho faces tax fraud claims
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.