The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- More important to widen the tax base | Ardern rules out new top income tax rate
- As always, an informative take from Let's Talk About Tax NZ about sugar tax & regional fuel tax | Let's tax this!
- I share his concerns | Andrew Coleman looks at the intergenerational effects of tax system on NZ's housing market
- My latest column looks at tax treatment of KiwiSaver funds & Bitcoin & concludes current approach unsustainable
- The NZSF has paid over $4bn in tax since inception. Doing this AND restarting contributions is one of the costliest election promises yet
- Current benefits policy is illogical, cruel & a shameful disgrace | The murky, illogical world of life on a benefit
- Will be effective later this month | New information sharing agreement between IRD and MSD
- Sadly these scams do pull in a few too-trusting hopefuls | IRD warns of 'particularly sophisticated' tax refund scam
- September's Agents' Answers includes details about a tax agent webinar on GST enhancements on 4 September
- So far the ATO has collected A$279m in 4 years | Avoidance taskforce sets out strategy against trust schemes
United Kingdom Tax
- I can't recall the last time IRD lost a tax avoidance case | HMRC claims almost 90% success in tax avoidance cases
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.