The week's tax news in one handy summary.
- OECD-led multilateral instrument on base erosion & profit shifting tabled in Parliament
- Racing Amendment Bill introduces point of consumption tax on international betting operators taking bets from Kiwis
- Part of the ongoing trend of easier sharing of information | NZ to strengthen tax agreements with India, San Marino
- Agree with Cone & Oliver about effect on industry & poor process involved | Tax backflip see foreign trusts cry foul
- My thoughts on implications of BEPS proposals for foreign trusts & whether IRD will have capability to enforce
- Latest data shows defaulting student loan borrowers in Australia have stumped up nearly $5 million in payments
- A point quite a few commenters seem determined to ignore | Labour CGT would still exclude family home
United States Tax
- Unsurprising. Why pay tax when no longer resident? | Jump In US Expats Renouncing Citizenship
United Kingdom Tax
- Coming soon to NZ? | UK tax advisors & trust providers can now be fined for not reporting sanctioned clients
- Can't see anyone recommending this in New Zealand! | Corporation tax cut forces Belgium to raise personal taxes
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.