The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- Here's my co-author @BeeFaerie talking about 'Tax and Fairness' on Radio Live | Is New Zealand's tax code fair?
- In 'Tax and Fairness' we argue that intergenerational pressure is building on this point & needs to be addressed soon
- Really worthwhile read about the confusion around index-linking of the various benefits a person can receive. Agree wholeheartedly with this
- Just a reminder that @BeeFaerie & I are talking to the Auckland Fabian Society tonight starting 6.30. See you then!
- Deborah Russell @BeeFaerie A reminder that Terry Baucher @BCLTax and I are talking to the Fabians about our book tonight, 6.30pm, Owen Glenn Building, Auckland Uni.
- Remember submissions on @NZInlandRevenue proposals re administration of Individuals’ income tax due by 28th July
- Submissions close in two weeks time. Proposals will affect millions of PAYE taxpayers so take the time to check them out
United Kingdom Tax
- What's of NZ interest here is Supreme Court dicta about scheme & purpose | HMRC wins final round in Rangers EBT case
- Will affect Kiwis who are long-term UK residents | Bill to be introduced applying non-dom reforms from April 2017
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.